Parasites in the intestines, according to WHO, cause the death of more than 16 million people. Some types of worms are able to reach enormous sizes, and completely block the intestinal lumen, impede the outflow of bile, and lead to obstructive jaundice.
They suck out the best nutrients from the human body, and lead to serious diseases, sometimes fatal.
What parasites live in the human intestine?
Parasites in the gut of the host are so well off that they multiply at an increased rate, and if left untreated can lead to serious complications and even death. Only one female is capable of laying several thousand eggs.
Due to such intensive reproduction, worms undermine the immunity of a person who cannot fight with such a number of worms.
In the intestines most often live:
- Pinworms (lower small intestine).
- Vlasoglavy (thick section of the small intestine).
- Ascaris (beginning of the small intestine, moving to the liver and pancreas).
- Pork and bovine tapeworm (small intestine).
Infection is mainly due tonon-compliance with the rules of personal hygiene, from poorly processed meat, fish or unwashed vegetables, fruits; sometimes from the paws of flies, surrounding objects and the earth.
With helminthic lesions of the intestines, the following diseases can develop:
- chagas disease,
Symptoms of intestinal parasites
The walls of the large and small intestines can become inflamed, resulting in a partial cessation of the absorption of fat and nutrients, which leads to spasms, constipation or diarrhea and an excess of fat in the feces.
The manifestation of helminths depends on what parasites live in the body, symptoms in the intestines and signs directly depend on the degree of damage to the organ.
The main common symptoms include:
- Diarrhea. Parasites secrete hormone-like substances that promote the loss of sodium chloride, which leads to liquid stools.
- Constipation. Some types of worms, reaching large sizes, clog the passage of the intestines, up to complete obstruction.
- Flatulence. The worm that lives in the small intestine leads to a bloated stomach and increased gas formation.
- Increase or decrease in body weight. The toxic effect of worms on metabolism disrupts appetite and normal digestion.
- Allergic reactions. With irritated (perforated) intestinal walls, molecules of undigested food enter the bloodstream, which activates the immune system and enhances the production of eosinophils, which cause inflammation in the tissues.
- Anemia. Worms feed on blood. Extensive helminthic invasion leads to iron deficiency anemia.
- Bruxism is the grinding of teeth. The nervous system responds by grinding teeth at night to the presence of a worm in the body.
- Skin problems. Manifested in the form of eczema, dermatitis, urticaria, papillomas.
- Nervous excitability. The waste products of worms are poisonous and have a destructive effect on human nerve endings.
- Insomnia. The body's attempt to rid itself of toxic substances, as well as the release of worms from the anus for egg deposition, leads to sleep problems.
Also, the symptoms include: chronic fatigue, immune disorders, inflammation of the respiratory system, dysbacteriosis, oncology.
Diagnosis should not be based on symptoms alone. Only high-quality diagnostics is able to identify a foreign irritant.
Diagnosis of parasites in the intestines
To identify worms, a number of activities are carried out:
- Biological analysis of urine, feces, blood, to determine worms, eggs and changes in the basic chemical composition of biological material.
- Immunological blood tests for antibodies and antigens that are produced by the body when worms appear in the body.
- Endoscopic studies, MRI, ultrasound will help to identify the site of the helminth lesion.
There is also a tape test to detect pinworm eggs. Adhesive tape is applied to the posterior opening and then viewed under a microscope. If worm damage is detected, treatment is necessary.
Treatment of parasites in the intestines
You can cleanse the body of parasites with the help of drugs. Before cleaning, in order to improve the result of therapy, it is necessary to prepare the body and carry out a preliminary cleansing (enema, laxative). You should also follow a diet with the exception of sweet, fatty and smoked foods.
It is recommended to use more vegetables, especially garlic and onions, fruits, increase the amount of food containing fiber.
Anthelmintic will help clear foreign irritantsdrugs.
It must be borne in mind that all drugs are toxic to the human body, and they must be used strictly according to the instructions.
How to cleanse the intestines at home from parasites?
In addition to drug treatment, worms can be removed from the intestines with folk remedies.
The following have worked well:
- Tansy, celandine, pomegranate peel, ginger, cinnamon, elecampane, wormwood, wild rosemary, cloves, pumpkin seed. Herbs can be used as a decoction.
- An ancient method of dealing with helminthic invasion -pumpkin seeds. To do this, you need to eat 10 raw seeds for 10 days. Improved method: 1 tsp. ground pumpkin seeds in a blender, drink warm milk. An hour later, drink a laxative for the speedy removal of parasites from the stool.
Flax seed and garlic to cleanse the intestines from parasites
Since ancient times, for home cleansing of the human body from worms, they usedgarlic tincture.
To prepare it, 5 chopped garlic cloves should be boiled for 10 minutes in 200 grams of milk. Infuse for about 2 hours, and consume a glass 3-4 times a day for about a week. This tincture can be used once a day as an enema for a week.
Not less popular with grandmothers enjoyedflax seeds.For this, 1 tbsp. l. seeds were poured into a thermos with 2 cups of boiling water. After a night of infusion, 100 grams were consumed half an hour before meals. In the modern version: 1 tbsp. l. seeds must be crushed in a blender or coffee grinder, pour 1 cup of boiling water, and leave for about an hour. Take unfiltered 100 grams half an hour before meals.
Cleansing the intestines with soda from parasites - a recipe
Famous folk cleansing of the intestines from parasites -soda.It has antiparasitic properties that are successfully used in folk medicine. Modern research has proven that baking soda neutralizes excess acids in the body and increases alkaline reserves, which are detrimental to worms.
Soda cleaningacts only on the large intestine, and is carried out using an enema in 3 stages, where the 1st and 3rd stages are ordinary cleansing enemas, and the 2nd is directly an enema with soda.
To prepare a soda enema, you need 800 ml of boiled water and 1 tbsp. l. heat baking soda to 40°C. The injected solution is retained in the rectum for about 30 minutes.
A pain symptom during this event signals the presence of parasites, and their unwillingness to leave the life reservoir.