Worms are parasitic worms that are studied by medical helminthology. More than 25% of people worldwide carry these parasites. Worm infestation, this is how the disease is called in a person who is the owner of worms.
Parasites can inhabit almost any organ of a person (lungs, eyes, intestines and muscles). Determining where a particular parasite is located is not as easy as it seems. It is necessary to determine in which part of the body it is located. Some symptoms reveal the location of the parasites. Diagnostics detects larvae, eggs and large specimens of worms.
What are the signs of worms in an adult?
Symptoms can be very different. Worms are so intelligent and cunning creatures that they are able to disguise themselves as any other disease. Therefore, doctors all over the world and parasitologists recommend prophylaxis of worms if drugs for a particular disease do not help you. There are several of the most common symptoms of worms in a person.
- Constipation. Parasites, due to their large body size and wide shapes, can close the intestinal passages, resulting in constipation, which can last up to two or even more days.
- Diarrhea. Some worms secrete a special substance that causes the body to excrete watery food particles. So, if you have diarrhea, then take prevention. After all, this sign may be not only due to improper nutrition.
- Gas and bloating. Some types of worms can cause bloating in the small intestine. Gases appear. Constant bloating, this is already a call to the fact that certain parasites are present in your body. If you do not get rid of the worms, then the bloating can continue for several months.
- Irritable Bowel Syndrome. Worms have such a property that they cause terrible inflammation in the intestines. This leads to improper absorption of fat and nutrients. Substances enter the large intestine, instead of the small intestine, and cause constipation and diarrhea there.
- Joint and muscle pain. Worms are so intelligent creatures that they know how to move to those living conditions where it will be most convenient for them. In particular, these conditions include muscles. If some people start to feel pain in their muscles, they believe that it is due to overload or fatigue. But it was not there. The muscles may contain worms, which gradually destroy fragile tissues. Also, pain can occur due to the body's response to the parasite.
- Allergy. Discharge of worms harmful to the body can provoke the release of special cells by the body - eosinophils. Eosinophils inflame tissues, and this often leads to various allergic reactions.
- Problem skin. Parasites can cause a number of skin conditions such as acne, acne, hives, wrinkles, papillomas, cracked heels, and broken nails and hair. All these are probable signs of the presence of parasites, which must be got rid of without delay.
- Anemia. There are such types of worms, which with their unique body stick to the walls of the intestine and suck out not only nutrients from it, but also a large amount of blood. As a result, anemia occurs in some parts of the body, due to a lack of blood. If such a sign is present, then this is nothing more than the active work of parasites.
- Weight problems. Weight loss can be characterized by the presence of worms. The parasites eat and absorb most of the nutrients that enter them through food. Also, the presence of worms reduces appetite. A sharp weight gain means not only that you eat a lot, but also the presence of alien protozoa in your body. Obesity is the body's defense response to parasite secretions. The worms eat up all the sugar that enters your body through food. So before you are going to lose weight, be sure to carry out prevention.
- Nervousness. The secretions of some parasites often affect the human nervous system. The person becomes eerily impatient and slightly nervous. Depression comes up over and over again. This is another sign of the appearance of parasites in the body. After prevention, the person becomes calmer than before.
- Sleep disturbances. If you notice that every night you wake up in the area from 2 to 4 am, then this is a clear sign of the appearance of helminths. At this time, our liver begins its active work to get rid of harmful substances produced by worms. Unpleasant sensations arise. Also at this time, parasites can crawl out of the human body through the anus. There is a terrible itching, from which a person wakes up even under the influence of sleeping pills.
- Teeth grinding in sleep. This symptom is called bruxism. This symptom manifests itself more often in young children in a dream. If you accidentally hear that your child is creaking his teeth in a dream, then this is a clear call to the fact that the child needs to be treated. Never hesitate with treatment, as the child is small and worms suck out more substances from him than from an adult.
- Chronic fatigue syndrome. Chronic fatigue manifests itself in the form of apathy, depression, lack of sleep and blues. All this arises from a lack of nutrients in the body. The worms suck them into themselves with great speed. The body simply does not have time to perceive them properly. As a result, poor memory and emotional stress arise. Even if you eat very well, the body will still not accept the substances as long as helminths are present in your body.
- Immune disorders. Parasites disrupt the human immune system, resulting in frequent colds and allergies to substances that have never caused it in you. Dysbiosis and colitis occur in the intestines. Herpes and acne may appear on the face.
- Oncological diseases. Worms often poison the body so that the immune system is unable to cope with it. As a result, complications arise in various organs. Malignant tumors appear, which are removed only by surgery. So do not waste time, but immediately go to the doctor.
- Airway inflammation. Everyone knows that worms can move throughout all human organs. The airways are no exception. Parasites can block the airways, making it difficult for a person to breathe and developing a cough and fever. With the development of worms, asthma appears.
What are the symptoms of worms in children?
It is very difficult to identify worms in a child. Therefore, some experts do not judge by feces, but by signs with symptoms. If no worms were found in the child's feces, this does not mean that the child is completely healthy and may not be treated. Worms are very cunning and agile worms and they are not going to give themselves out so easily. It is necessary to check the child's feces 7 times a month to identify helminths, and sometimes nothing can be detected. So the delivery of tests is complete nonsense, because of which, you will waste a lot of time.
Worms will lead you down the wrong paths, disguising themselves as various other diseases. The child may be disturbed by nausea, vomiting, diarrhea, and constipation. Parents think that these are problems with the stomach and intestines and begin to give various medications. But they won't help. And at this time, the worms, triumphant, will continue to feed on the nutrients of the child. Fatigue, malaise, crying and abdominal pain - this is a clear and pronounced sign of the presence of worms in the body of a "little person". With these signs, you need to immediately get rid of parasites.
If you have real suspicions of the presence of parasites in the child's body, then do not judge by two or three signs. The child's appetite may decrease, and he may not eat all day, or it may happen the other way around, the child often began to malnourished at the table, and then begins to drag food from the kitchen. It is not uncommon for a child to feel hungry at night. This is the first most important sign of worms. The child may have both constipation and diarrhea. This is the effect of worms on the intestines, which causes irritation in this area. This is the second most important sign of the appearance of helminths in the body. Finding traces of parasites in a child is not very difficult. Ask the child to lie on their back and assume the position of a birch tree. Then ask him to relax his tummy. After that, gently press on the intestines with warm hands. The child will experience severe discomfort, and you may feel the presence of parasites with your hand.
Worms can manifest themselves in different ways, depending on the habitat of the parasite and the route of infection. The type of this or that parasite is also important. When parasites such as pinworms are in the body, the child develops a terrible itching in the anus and vagina, so the child begins to scratch that area, as a result of which bright red marks appear there.
With ascariasis, the child has almost no characteristic signs. The child feels completely calm and balanced. But during the period when roundworms curl up into whole balls, constipation occurs. Ascaris clogs the intestinal passages. It is necessary to treat such a disease immediately.
The most popular types of worms in a child's body are pinworms and roundworms.
Common signs are also distinguished for them:
- Restless sleep (the child is heavily immersed in sleep in the evening, spins, can scream abruptly at night);
- The child grinds his teeth during sleep (it is not at all necessary, it is probably a symptom of bruxism);
- Irritability and weakness (irritation due to constant fatigue);
- burning cramping or vague pain in the abdomen (especially near the navel);
- violation of appetite (it disappears, then it increases);
- sharp weight loss;
- the child has frequent salivation;
- at times vomiting;
- foul smell in the mouth;
- the child is malnourished and often chokes on food;
- frequent coughing for no reason;
- the appearance of constipation and diarrhea of alternating druses after another;
- constantly changing temperature;
- sharp headaches;
- the child is often dizzy;
- from time to time muscle pain;
- callousness and pallor of the skin;
- a rash often appears on some areas of the skin;
- allergy to various objects;
- the appearance of an inflammatory process of the genitals in girls;
- itching and burning near the anus and in the anal ring itself;
- lack of vitamins, minerals and other nutrients in the child's body;
- the child is often sick with colds (herpes, acne) and ARVI;
- hematomas around the eyes;
- a sharp decrease in hemoglobin in the child's blood (and an increased level of eosinophils in the child's body).
Parents, remember a few of the simplest rules to protect yourself and your child from parasites. Always wash your hands and food before eating. After petting your pet, be sure to wash your hands under hot water and soap (preferably plenty). Give your child vitamins for children that will stimulate all functions in the child's body. And if you see some signs of the manifestation of worms, immediately contact the clinic, since the parasites develop quite quickly and are difficult to stop. Conduct prophylaxis against worms for yourself, your child and your pet, as they are often a source of parasites. If you follow these rules, then you and your child will always be completely healthy. Be healthy!